Wednesday, May 03, 2006

April Expenses

In an earlier post, I promised that I would try to be more transparent about my spending habits. So, for the month of April, here's a brief rundown on my variable expenses.

Charity - $1370 (tithe and miscellaneous charitable organizations)
Dining - $229.75 (work day lunches and snacks)
Entertainment - $0
Groceries - $106.40
Gifts Given - $326.02 (birthdays, showers, and weddings, oh my!)
Personal Care - $40 (hair cut)
Auto - $75.43 (fuel)
Clothing - $74.35
Utilities - $84.15 (phone and electricity only; gas is included in monthly assessments)
Dry cleaning - $18.65 (I generally try to buy items that don't require dry cleaning)
Household - $9.49 (cleaning supplies)

And yes, once again, I managed to spend zero dollars on entertainment. Which isn't to say that I didn't have any fun. But as I noted in my previous post on March expenses, there are several reasons for this. First, my friends are okay with doing things on the cheap. Second, I didn't wind up seeing 'Wicked' (postponed until later this month). And third, my out of town trip got cancelled. But now that my classes are almost over, I think my entertainment expenses are going to go way up. Gotta make up for lost time!

I'm looking forward two mini-vacations towards the end of the month. Woohoo!

No comments: