Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Hugh Jackman's Perspective on the New York Housing Market

I always liked Hugh Jackman (the actor who plays Wolverine in the X-Men movies). But after reading this interview in Newsweek yesterday, I like him even more.

Q. Now you're moving to New York.
A. We're going to have to bite the bullet and rent, I think. My wife is fussy, and it's a lot of money to live in New York.
Q. But I bet you could afford it.
A. Do I have the money? Yes. But I still struggle with how expensive it is. It feels a bit obscene.

So, there you have it folks. Even though he's rich and famous, Hugh Jackman strikes me as a fairly down-to-earth sort of guy, which is rare in Hollywood these days. Maybe it's because he and his wife avoid the excesses of Hollywood by living in Australia for the most part. I just can't imagine someone like Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt balking at excessive housing prices.

No comments: